Mar 14, 2008

WORDY GIRASOLE RING

WORDY is the newest ring of the GIRASOLE line.
GIRASOLE means sunflower in Italian, and this origami shape reminds me of those funny dynamic flowers!




This ring is a mix of old techniques reinterpreted with the eco friendly modern language:

RECYCLED PAPER :is there anything that make you feel better than make what you like knowing that is good for our planet?
ORIGAMI: folding paper have always fascinate me, and recently I have revisited this technique by adding an other of my obsession: BEADS!
EMBROIDERY is one of the first thing I can remember doing as a “little child soon crafter to be”. Apparently this runs in my genes, my grandmother was a very good and known embroider.
PEYOTE STITCH is one of the basic stitch for beaders and yet one of the most widely used, because it can be very easy or very intricate and versatile.
I’ll soon post a tutorial on peyote stitch, I think everybody has to try it once!



WORDY e’ il nuovo anello della collezione GIRASOLE.

Quest’anello reinterpreta tecniche antiche con il linguaggio moderno del design ecologico:
LA CARTA RECICLATA: mi fa sentire cosi bene poter creare sapendo che lo faccio in modo “verde”
GLI ORIGAMI: piegare e ripiegare la carta mi ha sempre affascinato, recentemente ho rivisitato questa tecnica aggiungendole un’altra delle mie ossessioni: le PERLINE!
IL RICAMO: e’ una delle prime cose che ricordo facevo da bambina. Decisamente una caratteristica genetica, visto che mia nonna era una vera esperta nel campo!
IL PUNTO PEYOTE: uno dei punti base dei lavori di perline, e’ uno punto versatile che puo’ essere molto semplice ma anche molto complesso.
Al piu’ presto pubblicherò un tutoria su questo punto, perche’ credo che tutti devono provarlo almeno una volta!

2 comments:

joeyandaleethea said...

What a gorgeous ring! Love it.

Unknown said...

Love this ring and all of your items. I hearted your shop a while back!